Thursday, March 19, 2009

Initiation

Hello hello!  I'm not really sure how to start out since I'm not blogging about anything in particular, just writing bits of my life that strike me as worthy of internet posting.  Including this moment in my life right now. 

I'm sitting in my living room, christening my blog, and hear "TONY!!" from Ingrid's room, followed by a jumbled conversation (in a thick Brooklyn accent that her NC roots did not bestow on her) in which she cannot come up with the movie that "A Whole New World" is from.  Shouting "Aladdin!!" from the couch, I marvel at the fact that she just got into NYU for a masters in film without knowing this essential piece of cinematic trivia.  I love my roommate, I love my apartment, I love my neighborhood, I love my life...

I'm a Michigander, born and raised in the Mitten State.  I've since relocated to Brooklyn where I spend my days barista-ing, adventuring, and enjoying every stranger who talks to me on the 2 train.  I've even introduced these east-coasters to the near godliness of homemade banana bread slathered in cream cheese.  Come say hello and perhaps I'll bake you a loaf.

1 comment: